The Perceiving Systems Department at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is looking for
Motion Capture Student Assistants, 10-83h/month (depending on your availability)
to fulfill the tasks of processing motion capture data to be used in research projects.
We are creating the world’s most realistic human and animal avatars for use in research, film, virtual reality, and medicine. Using unique 3D & 4D capture facilities, machine learning, computer vision, and advanced graphics, we are modeling every nuance of how humans and animals look and move. We develop algorithms to estimate human shape and motion in images, videos, RGB-D sequences, etc. Our approaches define the current state of the art, and we are constantly pushing these methods and systems in order to achieve a better accuracy and more availability.
Department website: https://ps.is.tue.mpg.de/
Department videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackAtBrown
You will work with our MoCap Team to process motion capture data for our researchers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Mocap Team with cleaning, solving, retargeting, and editing data for delivery
- Creating and using scripting tools to facilitate data processing
- Performing quality control on data deliveries
- Creating marker sets, templates, and labeling skeletons to be used for further data collection and processing
Skills / Qualifications
- Enrolled at a German university in a study program related to IT/Computer Vision
- Experience with motion capture software (Vicon, Optitrak, etc.) is an asset
- Familiarity with scripting and pipeline/workflow development (shell scripting, HSL, Python) is an asset
- Good time management, organizational and planning skills
- You will be working in a multicultural English-speaking team, therefore good written and verbal communication skills in English is required
Students without a Bachelor’s degree will earn €10,14 per hour. Students holding a Bachelor’s degree will be paid €11,79 per hour. An initial contract will be offered for up to six months. The positions will be open until filled or no longer needed. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled, please do not hesitate to apply anytime, if you are interested in working with us.
The Max Planck society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Contact and application
Any questions regarding the position should be forwarded to Mason Landry at email@example.com. Please direct your applications including a motivational letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and Nicole Overbaugh at email@example.com.